The Deputy Director office of Elementary Education Distt. Kinnaur is situated at Reckong Peo Distt. Head quarter in Mini secretariat Building near DC Office. This office deals with the educational institutions from 1st to 8th class of the Distt. At present there are 181 Govt. Primary School under three Blocks Elementary Education Offices (Pooh, Kalpa and Nichar) and 34 Middle Schools are running. 43 (Primary and Upper Primary) recognized Privately Managed Schools are also functioning in this Distt.
- All the Government Schools are providing Free and compulsory education to the children from 6 to 14 years age group.
- This office also deals with the appointment and transfer of Distt. Cadre posts i.e. JBT and C&V categories.
- Free Uniforms under Mahatma GandhiVardi Yojana (two sets) along with stitching charges and Free Text Books also providing to all the students
of Government Schools of 1st to 8th class every year.
- Free nutrition food providing to the students of all Govt. schools studying in 1st to 8th class.
- The Govt. Centre Primary School Kothi is the 1st bag less school running in Himachal Pradesh.
- Nursery Classes are also running in 10 Govt. Primary Schools.
- The Government Schools up to Elementary level are inspected by the DDEE/BEEO/ CHT and various Inspection committees constituted at BEEO and CHT level, as per RTE Act.
- Block wise list of Primary and Middle Schools in Distt. Kinnaur
Seniority List of C&V teachers as on 31-12-2017
The Deputy Director office of Higher Education of the District Kinnaur situated in the Reckong Peo . This office deals with the schools from 9th to 10+2 of this District. At present 22 Government Senior Secondary Schools and 20 Government High Schools are running in the District. Besides this, there are 6 Privately run Senior Secondary Schools and 9 Privately run High Schools in the district.
- Out of 52 Government Senior Secondary Schools, Science and Commerce classes are running in 7 & 13 schools respectively.
- There are 32 IT Labs, 46 ICT Labs, 52 CAL Labs and 52 Smart Virtual Classrooms in the schools.
- 2 schools have been converted as Aadarsh Vidyalayas under Mukhayamantri Aadarsh Vidyalaya Yojna where additional budget allotted for establishment of Smart Classrooms, Computer Labs, Libraries, Sports infrastructure and other civil works.